Friday, December 25, 2009

sickly christmas.

I've been working non-stop the whole month til the 23rd, which explains why my body/immune system gave up on me on Christmas Eve. Christmas Eve is a busy day for our family. We cook, prep gifts, dress up, hear Mass at 10pm, eat Noche Buena, and open gifts right after. Unfortunately, I was in bed most of the time nursing a fever and a very bad cough-colds combo.

I woke up with the sound of my dad's footsteps going to my room around 6 in the morning. It's pretty much rare for my parents to go up here (3rd floor kasi, nakakapagod) so in a way, I felt special. LOL. He checked my temp and it was 37.5--not so much high, but I felt really hot and heavy. Plus, I can't breathe coz of the colds and non-stop coughing. So, I slept again and around 10am, it was Yaya's turn to knock on my door, with my breakfast and meds.

I slept again and same thing happened for lunch. I was literally bedridden. Sucks, right? Sick on Christmas Eve?! That's a first for me. I hated it! After lunch I slept again, and a few hours later Mitor arrived with a Christmas card (I was secretly hoping that there's cash inside. HAHA). He stayed with me for a couple of hours then he joined his relatives for their reunion. My family, on the other hand, was busy dressing up for Mass. I promised my Ate days before that I'll do her makeup but I was still sick so our sis-in-law, Kim, did it for me.

My Ate's Christmas Look

I love dressing up pa naman during Christmas Eve. Haaay. Since I'm still not feeling well, I had to skip Mass. I was still in jammies when they left and my Mom told me to fix myself up for our photo op when they arrive. My effortless solution? Just powder and loud lips.

Sisters

Kim, Kuya, Dad, Mom, Ate, & Sickly Me

As usual, I forgot to take photos of the Noche Buena because I was busy eating. LOL. Then came the opening of gifts. I opened Mitor's card, no cash. HAHA! But look what he and my super friend Aai gave me:

The big box, with love. LOL
Well, I kinda know what it is... and I think you do, too.


Watch how I opened the box here.


FAX MACHINE!!!

Yaaaay!!! Finally! Hahaha! Kala ko Christmas card lang eh. LOL. Super thanks, Aai and Mitor! To Joyce, Dad & Mom, and Ate who gave me cash for my fax machine fund, I'll use it to buy an external hard drive OR have my laptop G-masked! Yahuuuuu!!!! :-)

Love love love!

I felt energized and excited to work na naman! Hahaha! Note to self though, must be on vacay at least 3 days before Christmas so I won't get sick ever again!

Merry Christmas, everyone! *hugs*

2 comments:

  1. Wowowow! What a fab gift! Shyet, pakasalan mo na yan si Mitor dali!!!

    Glad you're feeling better, Kabbielicious. You have a lovely family and you look like you had a grand Christmas. Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! oo nga eh kasalan na 'to! LOL

    super thanks, F! see you soon at the office! happy new year! :)

    ReplyDelete