Saturday, July 3, 2010

goodbye, lola cion.

Lola and Me
Christmas 2007

We all know it's inevitable, but it still hurts until now.

For 89 long years, I can happily say that I had my own share of fond memories with my dear Lola Cion. 89 may seem a really long time, but you know what? It still seems not enough.

I want more of her tender touch.
I want more of her sweet smiles.
I want more of our laid-back conversations.
I just want more time with her.

Time. That's something that we take for granted every day. I am guilty, for sure. But I take comfort in the fact that my dear Lola is now having the time of her life with Lolo in heaven. She lived a remarkable life, and I am beyond grateful that I was able to experience her love while growing up.

I will always remember how thoughtful you were, Lola. I cherish all the birthday cards you sent every year. Thank you for never forgetting. You are the sweetest Lola any grandchild can ever wish for. Now that you're up there, I know that every time I'd miss you, I'd just have to look up the sky and stare at you--the brightest star, our eternal sunshine. Please don't stop shining for us, Lola. Your light will keep us going and inspire us to celebrate life the way you did.

Happy Lola on her 89th birthday, 2009

So today, I'm making a promise. I'll start writing again. I've put off blogging for a long time but now I'll try my best to keep up. I'm sure you'd still want to hear my stories, Lola. I'll always remember how your face lights up every time we talk about anything under the sun. You've always been proud of me and that is something that I'll take with me every day.

Life is full of suprises, indeed. I still can't believe you went away that fast, without saying goodbye. Yes, it hurts, until now.

But today, I am ready...


...to finally set you free.

Rest in peace, Ma. Asuncion T. Ayson.
August 11, 1920 - June 25, 2010.

I love you, forever and always.


No comments:

Post a Comment