Sunday, May 15, 2011

The May Issue.

I'm sure that you guys know what April 29 was all about. And if you're an avid OK! reader / Facebook liker, perhaps you have an idea on how crazy our lives have become since the Royal Wedding. For those of you who are not familiar with the magazine time frame, we produce an issue 2 months prior to its release. So as for the May issue, all the pages were turned over since March... except for the 22 pages we allotted for the Royal Wedding coverage. Target date of release? May 6.

 And yes, it was born on May 6, right on schedule.
Say hello to our baby!

The proud parents
L-R: Frances, Lana, Me, Sonny, Elaine, Joanna

A Shu Uemura gift pack (courtesy of our EIC Frances) was up for grabs for those who will post a photo with our May issue. Actually, merong entry si Mitor eh. Hindi ko lang na-post.

With matching Sanrio background and cotton candy!
Mwahahahaha.

But wait, there's more! This issue also marks my first ever fashion editorial for our magazine! You see, the mannequin + product table + studio combo has always been my formula for OK!'s fashion pages since 2008. So doing something outdoors (on a beach!), with models, with a big time fashion photographer is a breath of fresh air.

 The prod team
L-R: Art Director Sonny, my assistant Nene, Managing Editor Lana, Me, Makeup Artist Jasmine Mendiola, Hairstylist Marie Tan, Model Angelie, Model Larissa, Photographer Paolo Pineda

Reunited and it feels so good!
Meet Jasmine, the person behind my styling career. Haha! 
Love you, Jas!

I don't have behind-the-scene photos to share so I shall leave you with teasers:

"Flower Child"
Sheer floaty florals with a boho flair

"Awesome Waves"
Boho hair ideas

And yes, there's more. I also did a feature on flip-flops, which required me to...

...go into the pool just to get the shot!
Ang lamig ng tubig, ha. This was around 8AM.
Photo by Elijah Mendoza

So c'mon, you guys! Go grab a copy of our super packed issue! It's our best issue to date! PROMISE! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you Kab and I was SOOOO excited for this issue, I literally went to 7eleven 3x a day since May 1 and had 2 Fully Booked branches call me to reserve 2 copies soon as their deliveries arrive! My goodness! Looking forward to more! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete