Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Ramen love.

Ramen is my go-to comfort food. I love Japanese food so it's no surprise that I like it better than the usual wanton mami found in Chinese restos. I'm psyched to see that ramen joints are starting to pop all over the metro, and here are two places I've tried so far:


  Ajisen prides itself with using the best ingredients possible for our ramen. It all starts with Ajisen Oil, which enhances the taste of our unique Kyushu style white pork broth. Okinawa Natural Seasalt is used which is rich with nutritional properties. Ajisen Powder which is composed of a thousand kinds of Japanese spices gives our ramen its unique flavor. And finally, our Ramen Noodles are made out of 100% whole wheat which is cooked to an al-dente texture. This amount of detail to our dishes makes our ramen special from the rest. Source

 We ordered their signature Ajisen Ramen (P235). It has bbq pork, leek, boiled egg, cabbage, and fungus.


Noodles were served al dente! Yami!
My verdict: 4 of 5

Happy customers

Then last week, I was having a bad day and I needed ramen to cheer me up. Good thing Mitor was free that night so I asked him to pick me up from work and we went to Ukkokei Ramen Ron, another famous ramen place in Makati.

Gotta love this guy

Simple interiors

 Butter Corn Miso Ramen = HEAVEN! (P300 I think)

 Nom nom nom

Gyoza (P120). We likey!
Rating: 5 of 5

So far, so good! Can't wait to try the other ramen places featured on this list!

* Ajisen Ramen is located at Level 2 Northeast Square, Connecticut St, Greenhills
* Ukkokei Ramen Ron is located at Tesoro Bldg, 822 Arnaiz Ave, Makati City

No comments:

Post a Comment