Friday, November 5, 2010

Raket Science: BTS for Fashion Match, Cosmo Nov2010


Producing a fashion editorial is not a walk in the park, and I guess you know that by now. But lemme tell you, this particular project was twice as hard, because I needed to source out at least 7 identical outfits with huge price differences. It took me almost a week to go around different malls and scoured every single store to look for item duplicates. With my digicam as my secret weapon, I took photos of the clothes which I felt I can find similar versions of. Example, when I spotted this nautical top at Rustan's, I had this gut feeling that I can also find one in SM. Lo and behold, meron nga! :) So, by the end of the week, I was able to build outfits based from the loose pieces that I found. And the rest was history. :P

I was privileged to shoot this with no less than Sara Black. Man, she's amazing! Plus, I had my super team--Ria Gamboa for makeup, John Valle for hair, Krystle Rius and Lou Sison as models--to make my vision come to life. Check out behind-the-scene photos here!

Welcome to the Black Studio

John Valle and Ria Gamboa

The team at work

Sara Black, ready to shoot

The set

Me at work

Fixing this...

...and fixing that.

Phew! Happy and satisfied. :)

* BTS photos courtesy of Joyce Paulo
* Special thanks to Happy Lopez
* Grab a copy of Cosmo's Nov 2010 issue now!

1 comment: